Tuesday, April 20, 2010

in which i am aurally pleasured

Hi y'all!  I have some news!  Melty Man called last night.  Yes, yes he did.  He called to arrange our first ever meeting, and he was lovely and funny and sounded so good.  

Now, keep in mind that I am a Canadian living in Australia, so I sound different to most folks I meet here.  I have gotten accustomed to hearing the Aussie accent, and I often don't even notice a difference at all, but once in while there is a voice that breaks through the everyday sounds that accost my ears. 

Melty Man... well, he broke through.  He is not overly "ocher" (think Steve Irwin, Crocodile Hunter), but has a rather refined, almost slightly English sound.  He was confident and led the conversation, asked lots of questions and laughed when I was hilarious (but then, when am I not?).  It was, in short, the best five-minute conversation I've ever had.  

We are meeting up on the long weekend- Monday is a day off!  I can't wait to see how it all goes, and with any luck, Melty Man will be just as smooth and charming and lovely in person.  Either way, you shall hear from me soon!

1 comment:

Norman said...

:) thanks for the nice little "please come back" post on my defunct blog!!! i just noticed that i have posted in one year...wondered if it was still out there and saw your post!!

i don't have anything to write about anymore!! i have bloggers block!! :)

Norman!